To pay it forward is to give to another human selflessly, without expecting anything in return. I try to do this often but never often enough. You can really change someones day with a random act of kindness. Even though you are only one person, it only takes one person to make another feel special.
Drink in the feeling and enjoy the fact that you have the ability to make a difference…… a difference that can change you and the recipient.
Start today, pay it forward and share the love. Choose one of the ten pay it forward options below.
1. Shop at your local charity thrift store. The money you spend there helps others.
2. Open the door for someone.
3. Pay for the car behind you in the drive through.
4. Help someone to get your parking spot when you are leaving the supermarket.
5. On your birthday ask friends and family to give to your favourite charity and not to you.
6. Be courteous on the road to other drivers and let them into the line of traffic.
7. Bake a cake for your next door neighbor.
8. Clean up the rubbish in your local park.
9. Randomly send a card to a friend letting them know how special they are to you.
10. When someone want to pay you for a job you’ve done for them…. tell them to enjoy a healthy lunch with your compliments.
If you’ve payed it forward lately, I would love to hear your story….. feel free to share with me in the comments below.